The National Inquirer and other tabloids often display lurid, exaggerated headlines on their front pages only to be followed by disappointing, "let -down" stories on the inside. We would like to reassure the reader that this is not the case with the "fun" quiz.
Our quiz has integrity. All of the stories referred to in the questions are for real. They are not hyperbole.
Come try your luck and enjoy the fun and let us know what you think in the comment section below!
1. What single emotional decision by Hitler in 1944 may have prevented Germany from crushing the D-Day supply chain and causing it to collapse?
2. What career-altering affliction did King Henry VIII and General George S. Patton have in common?
3. What major airborne operation was cancelled at the last minute thus preventing a major Allied disaster?
4. What book by Atul Gawande may have saved more lives than any other book in history?
5. What union general might have become President of the United States except that he was cut down by a Confederate rifleman’s bullet rather than accept capture?
6. What was the name of the quack doctor who may have been giving Hitler amphetamines, even opiates, thus crippling his judgment?
7. What missing item did the Titanic lack that may have caused the ship to sink?
8. What presidential election was altered because of a single poorly designed ballot and what war took place as a result?
9. The accidental beginning of World War I took place near what Delicatessen in Sarajevo?
10. What large ship may have gone down as a result of St. Elmo’s Fire?
11. What cow may have been falsely blamed for the great fire that destroyed Chicago?
12. What commander was accidentally killed by one of his sentries?
13. What Allied weapons system from World War II was so highly vulnerable to enemy fire that it was nicknamed “The Ronson” like the cigarette lighter. “Lights up first time, every time”.
14. What Axis warplane was called “The Flying Zippo” because of its propensity to catch fire after receiving a few hits?
15. What great fire may possibly have been caused by “visitors from outer space”?